Random in tandem


1) They say too much of anything is bad, but my player is pouring out nothing but Beatles lately and I feel too much of Beatles is barely enough. I can't seem to get enough of them. "Yesterday" and "Something" have topped my 'most played' list, dethroning 'Mrs.Robinson" from the pole position it(she?) enjoyed for several months. :P I have been listening so much that I have a Beatles song for almost every situation. I better hit the guitar and practice a couple of Beatles numbers so that I'm not found wanting when the moment to woo the special someone arrives (hic hic!) :-P

2) I haven't watched a game of cricket in heaven knows how long. It's incredible how I am able to survive without things that I once considered as critical as air, water or Amala. (Speaking of Amala, I stayed up till small hours yesterday watching videos of Amala. More than a decade and my crush on her hasn't waned one bit. :-P ) The last time I watched a game, I was awake through the night to catch the match from the beginning. Not a wink of sleep and what do I get in return? An interesting match that we should have won ended in a draw, thanks to Mr.Duckworth and Mr.Lewis. They must be long dead I suppose and if ever I happen to visit their graves, I will not return without dancing a few nifty steps to my heart's content on it.


3) With each passing class, my misgiving about signing up for creative writing gains in strength. Not that it's not worth the money, but it's too good for me. Even though the course is extremely entertaining and illuminating, I feel pretty silly in the company of writers who mean business whereas I am there only because I have a lot of time on my hand and a few dollars in my wallet. :P Any little flame of hope of writing I had was extinguished beyond rekindling by the beautiful writings of fellow students. I feel like a fifth grade student with dyslexia, wondering how the hell he wound up in a room full of rocket scientists. :P

4) While the writer in me has taken quite a beating, the reader in me is on a roll. A haggard looking Mr.Writer returns home from the class, feeling like Indian team at the of end of English summer, and Mr.Reader jumps at the chance to mock and sneer him. "A terrible day, what? You look terrible. Tch tch! My life is one grand sweet song. My biggest problem is to decide to which book to read tonight. Herriot's Dog Stories is damn hilarious and Wodehouse's letters are charming and full of wit. And there is Animal Farm. I am at sixes and sevens. And heaven. And I get all that for free from the public library, whereas you pay to get beaten up. Pretty silly, what?"

5) I am on the brink of giving up vegetarianism. It's so hard not to give in to the temptations of  delicious-looking and mouth-watering chicken, when my plate is filled with green salad and - yuck! - tofu and half-baked vegetables. I was living on burger and sandwiches but I had to stop "Project Burger Everyday" when my internal organs protested with loud growls (mostly when some gorgeous chick is around) and turmoil. It's almost impossible to find veg. food that's delicious in the food court. That's not a surprise, as people here are vegetarians not so much for religion as health reasons. As they say, all desirable things are expensive, fattening or committed to someone else. :-|

6) If this cold weather is just an indication of worse things to come, then I am sure I won't live long enough to taste Canadian winter. I can barely survive fall here in Canada, let alone winter. I am roaming about all bundled up looking like 'pulla pudikaravanga'. On the bright side, I am totally in love with my hat. :-D The best thing about this place is you can walk around with an absolutely revolting hat and no one will look askance at you and there will be no dogs to chase you around. :-)

7)Felt so happy when a stoic of a friend dropped in a mail saying he misses me. Hey Jumbo! I miss you too. :-) (I know you read my blog surreptitiously. :-P)

Cheers,
Balaji

Comments

  1. Beatles, Creative wwriting (boy!!), Non-vegetatrianism!!

    Glad you're experiencing new and different things for a change in life! :-)

    beat the boredom.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked 3 and 7! Very funny!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts