Random

Last night I watched Kaatru Veliyidai with my friends. Don't ask me what that title means. I have no effing clue. It translates to Breezy Expanse, whatever that means. Truth be told, I was looking forward to this movie ever since I heard Azhagiye song. This simple, peppy melody caught my fancy and quickly made it to the top of my most played song list. The movie turned out to be a damp squib, though. At the risk of giving away the plot, it was a tale of a couple head over heels in love with each other but far from being a made-for-each-other couple we often see in Tamil movies. Not that the movie steered clear of cliches that abound in tamil cinema but, as one would expect from Mani Ratnam, the movie dwelled as much on their flaws as on virtues. Predictably, the protagonist comes to terms with his mistakes in the end and becomes "the perfect" man. And what makes him change is so unconvincing. I understand creating more layers adds depth to characters but how can a man who, as he claims, grew up on a healthy diet of Bharathiyar poems turn out to be sexist/male chauvinist? Dialogues were a major disappointment and stretched my nerves to the limit at places. Karthik's performance leaves a lot to be desired and Aditi's leaves nothing to be desired. Both her acting and looks were stunning. Although, while most people were head over heels for Aditi, I was drooling over gorgeous Rukmini Vijaykumar (adigama vaysu aidutho enaku.. hmm?). :-D

I do, however, have a nice take away from this movie. The second half of the movie was almost unbearable and I whipped out my mobile (something I'd never done in a movie theater before) and checked on my messages. And there it was, like a shining, new, unwrapped gift. I had been expecting a message from certain someone for a week and was on the verge of completely giving up on it. It sure made my day. :) Even that wasn't enough to salvage the rest of the night, though. Yea, the movie was that bad. :-D

Surprise messages seemed to the order of the day as I woke up this morning to find another unexpected  message in my inbox. And this one is undoubtedly the best one this year yet. One of the best buddies delivered a twins -- a boy and a girl -- and I woke up to their picture today. Ladooo kutties, I tell you. Both of them. Dear R, if you are reading this post -- and I know you do secretly admire me and read my blog religiously :P -- I couldn't be happier for you. And yes, say good bye to precious beauty sleep :D I have absolutely no doubt that you'd make a perfect mother. But if you were to ask me for an advice (hic! hic!), I'd advice you to pass on your madness to your kids. This world needs more crazy people like you. :-) Oceans of love to you. :-)

Well, that pretty much wraps up my Saturday. Exciting few days ahead of me and hopefully a lucky break awaits me in the near future. And God knows I deserve one. :) Toodle-oo.

Comments

  1. Hello dear,I watched movie with my friend. It is very interesting.I share the movie information in Vehicle towing company. its best reviews.Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These story is amazing. I really like it. when i read this story, i feel it,s not a story. It is truth. I ma a gavin. I work on property managers in puyallup site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts