tweet-o-post: All in an evening!

God! This maven exception is eating my brain. Why do these people use such esoteric softwares? I have never worked with any build tools and now it shows!

It takes me a day just to understand what I’m supposed to do. Reporting directly to clients doesn’t help. I have no choice but to stay back and complete the work, unless a King Cobra slithers in and gives me a sting to relieve me of this trouble called work.

Everyone around is packing up and leaving for the day. Yeah, rub it in guys! I needed that a lot!

Here he comes! 6 o’clock on the dot. He expects delivery on time but a new seat request raised a month ago, which shouldn’t take more than 2 weeks, is still being processed. So much for his perfection!

A client who has a sound technical knowledge is a pain in the ass.

Nothing boosts the productivity like last minute panic. Calvin is so right!

System almost always hangs when I am hard-pressed for time.

What wouldn’t I give to get out of this hell-hole? Every second seems like an hour and a simple math tells me that I have 60*60*4 hours to go for the day. Amazing!

Now people look askance at me. They probably think I have lost it! They don’t realize that a homo-sapien with a deadline looming large is bound to talk aloud… to himself.

Another mail asking for updates. I spend more time updating what I have done than I actually do something.

Epiphany! Now I’m know why my enthusiasm is at an all time low. I am a part of an all-men team. Is my manager a male chauvinist? I dare say he is a sadist.

It’s 7pm and I have not completed even 10 percent of my work. Heaven help me!

Desperately hoping for a miracle. It happened once. Will it happen again?

I didn’t know I could type so fast keeping the spelling mistakes to a minimum. Perhaps I was never in so much hurry ever before.

It’s good to communicate with clients through emails. If I had stood in front of him, he would have spat on my face for asking that silly question. I have asked him so many questions that he might as well have done it himself. That would teach him not to delegate any work to me. ;)

I reserve a special hatred for people who talk so loud on phone. Why do they need a phone in the first place?

Must. tone. down. my. sarcasam.

Gee! I just noticed that my client’s first name is an anagram of his last name. How’s that for a coincidence? Or is it?

My manager just said on the phone that he gets no “satisfication”. Thanks boss! I needed that stress buster. :)

Why do people say “No problem” for thank you. What happened to the good old ‘welcome’? Gone out of fashion?

I had no coffee in the last three hours. That’s a record of sorts.

Close to five years in an IT industry and I still don’t understand the meaning of this cryptic and mysterious expression - “paradigm shift”. But if someone donated me a rupee everytime I heard this expression, I’d have become a crore-pati by now.

Comfortably numb!

Comments

  1. That was heartfelt and hilarous! A unique combo of yours.. :-)

    What was the miracle? ;-)

    On a serious note, best wishes for things to change for the better soon.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, bro! :-)


    Miracle? Let's keep that aside for another day! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts