Blah Blah Blah

I was returning home from office by train, foot-board traveling as usual. I boarded the train at Sanatorium station. The train came to a halt in Chrompet and I got off to make way for others. As I stood waiting for the train to start, a young man who wanted to board the train walked up to me and asked me a question that I felt pummeling him to a pulp. He asked, "Sir, Is this ladies compartment?" How could an educated guy -well,he looked like one - who spoke in English not deduce that a decent guy - I look like one at least - wouldn't get into a ladies compartment? Thank god none of my friends were around. That would have been enough for them to pull my leg for this lifetime. It would not be surprise if they present me a pair of bangles for my next birthday. Now, what's the name of the bloke who said 'there is no such thing as silly questions.' If you ever run into him, tell him from me that he is a cuckoo.

They say change is the only permanent thing. I think there are somethings that will never change, such as the way I devour cream biscuits. Not that I'm only one who loves licking the cream instead of biting along with biscuit, but it's just that I don't mind doing that wherever I am. Not even in the meeting room. Last time I busied myself with this intricate act, I didn't realize that my team mates stopped discussing and turned their attention toward me. For reasons unknown to me, all of them broke into giggles and laughter, as if they caught a glimpse of a gorilla in a zoo eating a biscuit thrown at it. Hmpf! If that was so distracting, I shouldn't have been offered one in the first place.


For the next few weeks, I'm not going to read any books, watch any movies, practice guitar or indulge in bathroom singing, because the cricket extravaganza has begun and all my waking hours will be spend watching cricket, highlights and arguing with friends over what Dhoni should have done after winning the toss and so on. Perhaps the reason why cricket is the most popular sport is because anyone can become a cricket expert. Even Mandira Bedi. It's funny how these people dish out their advices without batting an eyelid as to how Sachin should correct his footwork and so on. What kind of half-wits watch these program? I guess more than Mandira's gyan, it's her wardrobe - or the lack of it - that attracts the viewers. Cricket isn't gentleman's game anymore.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts