What did I do today?

I got up early today by my standards - 8.04AM. I sat up lazily, my eyes still closed. After a few minutes I opened my eyes with great difficulty. It was still 8.04AM. I felt very happy that the time had frozen at 8.04 and that I could bury myself in the pillow for eternity until the realization dawned on me that the wall clock had put in its paper without serving its notice period.

It was 8.45AM. I had thirty minutes to get ready. Too early to panic, I thought. I wanted to sleep for five more minutes but decided against it, lest I wake up only to find that I'm fifteen minutes late already. I lazily proceeded to finish all the formalities and got ready in time.

I reached the office only to find that I was the last person to enter the bay. It was packed to its capacity, barring one seat which belongs to yours truly. My on site coordinator who is currently at offshore greeted me with a sarcastic "good afternoon". As usual, I gave him one of my close-up smiles & slid into my seat. After entering the password incorrectly thrice, locking my account, calling up CSD, answering to all the dumb questions & having my account unlocked, I opened my mail box. I was surprised & relieved to find that there weren't any mails castigating me for the code I delivered the day before. Instead there was a mail which I receive as often as Kamal Hasan acts in a movie with no kiss scene. It read "No issues". Being unaccustomed to such mails, I was nonplussed. I pondered over the issue of "No issues" for sometime - whether I should take a print out of this mail, frame it & hang it at my desk in full view of passerby, or I should forward this mail to all my friends and flaunt about it. I did give a lot of thought to it as these are once-in-a-lifetime happenings until my train of thoughts was broken by a forward mail with subject "Traditional day at DPS". :D :D (If you haven't received this mail yet, stop wasting your time reading this post & ask your friends for that mail. Otherwise you ll be missing something big in your life :P)

I was hardly working.. err.. working hardly when I noticed a palm right under my nose and a voice from behind : "would you like to contribute for A's grahapravesam?". Any other time, such atrocious requests would have been met with coarse responses. But this was appraisal time & A was my manager. So I parted with a withdrawn-only-this-morning hundred rupee note. (I appreciate the timing of the grahapravesam. I must be a well thought out plan. :P)

It was time for lunch & having given a hundred bucks I had no second thoughts on whether I should attend the function. I was even willing to pay another hundred bucks for auto & gobble down for two hundred rupees, but thankfully the place was only five min walk from my office.

After handing over the gift, posing for snaps with a plastic smile and all that jazz, I rushed to the top floor where lunch was being served. After waiting for 2 pandhis I finally managed to place my ass on a corner seat. By then a strong gush of wind set out on a journey from north to south, along the line I was sitting. The Appallam on my yellai(banana leaf) flew & landed on a patti's yellai who was sitting next to them. From the way she winced I guess she is an acharamana patti.

Being a belligerent guy that I am, I cried out loud at the server standing at the other end for an appallam. This time around I din't want a patti's curse. So I came up with a masterplan of placing the vadai over the appalam as paper weight. The plan worked out well. The breeze tried its best but it couldn't as much as shake the appalam. And patti looked pleased too. Just as I was mentally hi-fying myself for that marvellous idea, things started to break apart. Breeze turned on its intensity, and out went the appallam. Along with the vadai. And this time patti was seething with fury. And I left the place before patti could utter a word. :P

By the time I reached office again it was 3 PM. I fooled around for some more time, took an half-hour coffee break at 4.30 & continued to fool around for the rest of the time.

Lets see what Tuesday has in store for me. Sigh!

Comments

  1. May every Monday of your life be just as (un)eventful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geee... Thanks Jaya! :) Keep visiting, even if you are bored reading my posts :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! what a day!! you have such heavy work pressures, every single day?? :rolling eyes: How do u manage it man? :D

    the appalam vadai incident was pretty interesting :)

    btw, u write so well...in this blog of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sow
    See how much work they give to a kid like me! {blink blink} :rolling eyes:

    thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nice work yar.... i remember how u managed to barge in the crowd to get a seat in the pandhi..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sandhya: yeah.. you know how difficult it is! Phew!! :D :D

    Thanks for visting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts