Weather metaphor

After being relentlessly cold for a string of days & nights, Weather God finally showed some mercy on us today. Sun shone brightly down on us, and there wasn't a cloud in sight. A wave of relief washed over me. It felt like getting a day off after a month of backbreaking work. As I walked to work this morning, humming along with George Harrison crooning Here Comes the Sun in my ear,  I couldn't help but notice all the happy faces in the street. In fact, it's been a while since I saw so many faces outside. Joggers, dog-walkers and selfie junkies, were all to be seen. Smokers seen enjoying a smoke leisurely by the lake, chatting with friends. I exchanged smiles with a couple of fellow office-goers. Everybody seemed happy. All is well with the world. 

The respite, however, is rather short-lived. As I write now, the weather app in my mobile coughs up a winter storm alert. 8 to 12 inches of snow fall expected tomorrow. "Stay indoors. Prolonged exposure to cold can cause hypothermia," it warns. Just when I thought things are starting to look up. Story of my life. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts