Quick post :)

I thought it always snowed when the temperature dropped down to zero or below. All that changed in the recent past. The last time it snowed it was about three or four degrees and quite warm (by the standards of Canadian winter). Today has been the coldest day of the season yet. With temperature remaining steady at minus thirteen or thereabouts, it was bone-chillingly cold. Surprising enough, not a flake of snow in sight. Bright and sunny morning tricked me into thinking that it was warm outside. I headed out to work armed with but a spring jacket. No gloves, no scarf, no hat, nothing. On a suicidal mission. In winter, dogs and books are not man's best friends. Gloves, hat and scarf, are. I raced to the subway station but I should have known that wouldn't help either. Blistering ears, numb fingers and out of breath. Not the way I would have wanted my first work day of the year to be.

Comments

Popular Posts